As a public ancillary fund, Australian Communities Foundation represents around 300 subfunds, each with their own funding priorities and interests. Our donors are part of an engaged community of individuals, families, corporate giving groups, location-based giving circles and like-minded groups.
As part of our donor engagement, ACF hosts a Funding Proposal Portal that allows our Donor community to identify grant opportunities aligned with their interests.
You are welcome to submit a proposal to the Funding Proposal Portal in line with the parameters set out below. Please read this information in full before submitting a proposal or contacting the Grants Team.
- Your organisation must have both TCC (Tax Concession Charity) and DGR Item 1 (Deductible Gift Recipient) ATO endorsements. You can check if your organisation has the required endorsements by looking up your ABN on the Australian Business Register: https://abr.business.gov.au/
- The activities for which you are seeking funding, as outlined in your proposal, must be charitable and in line with your organisation’s charitable purpose.
- The Funding Proposal Portal is publicly available. Submitting a funding proposal to the portal means you are consenting to us publishing it publicly.
- There is no deadline for submissions. We accept proposals on an ongoing basis.
- Organisations can submit a maximum of two proposals per calendar year.
- The average grant awarded is between $2000 and $15,000. Please keep this in mind when entering in the amount you are seeking from ACF donors.
- We will accept proposals via auspice arrangement. Where organisations provide an auspice for a third party, the third party can submit a maximum of two proposals per calendar year via the auspice arrangement in addition to the two proposals submitted by the auspicing party.
- Proposals will remain ‘live’ on the Funding Proposal Portal for a period of three months, or until fully funded, whichever occurs sooner.
- We will contact you if a donor is interested in your project. If we do not contact you, this means your project has not yet received donor interest.
- Please inform us as soon as your funding requirements change (e.g. if you have received funding from another source) so we can amend your proposal details to reflect the most up to date information.
Submitting, Reviewing and Publishing Submissions
- You can save and come back to your proposal at any time via the unique link provided.
- Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation and copy of your proposal to the email address provided in the contact information section of the form.
- You will receive an email to this same email address notifying you of the outcome once your proposal has been reviewed.
- The Grants Team will endeavor to review your proposal within seven days of the submission date. This may take slightly longer during busy periods.
- The Grant Team reserves the right to reject any proposal that does not align with the values or eligibility criteria of ACF.
If you have any questions, or if you are having issues submitting your proposal, contact the Grants Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9412 0412.