More and more businesses are supporting causes they care about by establishing their own charitable funds.
A corporate community charitable fund provides a variety of benefits including adding value to your corporate social responsibility program and increasing employee engagement, by giving your people the chance to feel good by doing good.
ACF’s model allows your company to give without the administrative burden and demand on your resources and also allows your company and employees to be as engaged or hands-off as you want in grantmaking.
We provide a low-cost, flexible and effective structure to assist companies achieve their charitable giving objectives. We can also set up simple ways for companies to match employee pledges should you wish to double the impact of your giving.
What are the benefits of establishing a corporate fund or workplace giving arrangement?
Here’s just a few:
- acknowledgement as an employer of choice
- improved workplace culture
- enhanced ability to attract and retain quality staff
- increased workplace morale and engagement
- build support from your local community and customer base
- add value to your company’s reputation and brand.
Why choose ACF as your philanthropic partner?
Because we make it easy by:
- working with you and your employees to create a community investment approach that best meets your company’s mission and value statements
- providing a one-stop service for easy establishment and lost-cost management of a company branded, national charitable sub-fund
- professionally managing and distributing your charitable dollars
- providing you with community and grantmaking research to support your operations anywhere in Australia
- supporting your triple bottom line reporting requirements
- using a community based not-for-profit foundation model whereby we operate at arm’s length with all contributions gifted in perpetuity to the community
- generating regular annual income for distribution, which is not reliant on the peaks and troughs of company performance or cash flow.
How does workplace giving work?
Workplace giving is a simple and effective way for staff to regularly donate to charitable organisations.
It operates under a pre-tax system, which results in an automatic tax deduction for employees, without the need for staff to keep and claim receipts. There is no tax payable on the amount employees forego, and no liability for fringe benefits tax.
Employees pledge a nominated amount to the company’s sub-fund and the donation is automatically deducted from their pay and sent to the sub-fund.
If you do not have a corporate community program, now is the time to start!
To discuss your ideas or get further information, please call us on 03 9412 0412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Program Profiles
Here are some examples of how other companies are working with ACF to make a difference…