We believe philanthropy has an important role to play in helping to navigate the changing and challenging social landscapes. Through the Impact Fund we are looking for emerging opportunities to build momentum, accelerate progress and tip the scales towards positive social change.
2017 Grant Round
In 2017, the ACF Impact Fund has $200,000 to allocate towards grants. This will be combined co-funding from our donors and sector partners. Once all pledges have been received funding will be distributed across; Large Impact Grants and Small Agile Grants (dependent on amount raised).
Types of Grants
Large Impact Grants $50,000 – $150,000
- Multi-year grants – up to $150,000 over three years
- Responding to high impact and solutions based projects
Small Agile Grants $5,000 – $20,000
- One-off or multi-year grants – up to $60,000 over three years
- Seeding or scaling opportunity
- Responding to emergent and timely issues
In early April, we extended invitations to 17 organisations to apply for our inaugural grant round. These organisations were chosen because they are leaders in the social change space; and have been recommended through our stakeholder network, or previously supported through our donor community. Applications have been assessed by ACF and reviewed by a panel of independent experts. Eight applications meet the criteria of the Impact Fund and have been shortlisted for consideration. An announcement will made in August.
Key Selection Criteria
Shortlisted projects rated highly against the following selection criteria:
- Alignment with impact area
- Timeliness/urgency of opportunity
- Potential for systemic impact
- Potential alignment with donor interests/funding partner priorities
- Potential to influence and act as a changemaker
Contact us for more information about co-funding opportunities or donate via the buttons below.